Posted on June 21, 2013
The BBB of Chicago and Northern Illinois is currently looking for an Assistant Manager of Investigations. This position's responsibilities include:
- Process Standard Business Questionnaires (manual and online) and update company forms for all non-Accredited companies
- Process single report request from other BBBs
- Respond to request for complaints from government agencies.
- Communicate Ratings information to businesses, consumers, and BBB staff
- Investigate scam tips and inquiries
- Review consumer complaints and allegations to identify possible patterns
- Assist with requests for information from the media (i.e. calling victims, reviewing business reviews and complaints)
- Ensure and maintain quality and accuracy of information in BBB Business Reviews
- Investigate companies for the following: relation to other businesses, location, principal officers, if a company is operational, etc.
- Ensure AB/Non-AB Auto-validate codes are accurate
- Review IDFPR Monthly Report for government actions filed against businesses in our database.
- Process request from business inquiring about their rating and inform them what factors are currently affecting them and what can be done, if anything, to improve their rating.
- If necessary, request substantiation for any information provided by a business. This can include but is not limited to; annual number of customers, annual sales, number of employees, business start date, etc.
- Process requests from non-ABs wishing to update any info.
- During AB-renewals, review all AB SBQs to determine if any new information needs to be substantiated
- Update files based on returned fax/email reports.
- Summarize website survey report for senior managers on a quarterly basis
- Review business files on a regular basis
- Take notes during meetings/conference calls and compile minutes of meetings
- Respond to internet leads and inquiries submitted by consumers
Candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to:
Maria deCourtenay, Director of Operations